Angels Of The Fallen, The Watchers

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Lone Star Joy by Kathleen Ball


Hi Kathleen, thanks for taking time to visit 
and to share your work. Please tell us a little bit about yourself .        
I Write Contemporary Western Romance. I’m married and have one son.
How did you decided to enter the world of writing?
I know a lot of authors have known from an early age that they wanted to write. I read-- a lot. My son was going off to college and someone suggested I try writing. I loved it!!
What does your family think of your writing?
Now that I’m published and have gotten great feedback now they think it’s great. At first they thought of it as a hobby-- my husband and son. Now I get great support from all of my family.
Where do you get your ideas?
I try to find situations where there are obstacles in the main character’s lives. Reasons they can’t be together or reasons that they are thrown together.
Can you tell us a little about your book?
Lone Star Joy is my most recent release. Sexy, Cowboy, Stamos Walker runs a work release program for nonviolent male prisoners. When Joy Courtland shows up on his doorstep, he assumes she's the nanny. He hands her his son and rushes out to work.

Joy, a convicted felon, bonds with little Dillon immediately. Stamos isn't happy when he returns and finds out Joy is not the nanny.

While trying to get Joy back to prison through the proper channels, Stamos realizes Joy is not a killer. He doesn't want her to go back to prison. Stamos is willing to try everything he can to keep Joy safe even if it means marriage. 

What is your writing process?
I usually start with character flaws-- reasons that they are reluctant to give their heart to another.
What was the hardest part for you when working on your book?
Being interrupted for a length of time-- days or weeks. I lose my momentum. I have to reread the book to get the feel for it again.  
I can relate, I hate to lose my momentum. What influenced or inspired you to write?
I never knew what I wanted to be. You know when you’re young you have dreams of what you want to do. I never knew. I’m good at a lot of things but nothing sparked me as this is me, this is what I do. I’m a wife and mother-- I’m an accountant. I love to read and I love to do crafts. BUT-- when I started writing I found my bliss in life. 
Was there a scene that you didn’t add or you removed in your finished work?
 I love books that make me cry. I guess I went a little overboard. One editor said look you can’t have her crying every page. 
Do you have a favorite character (from you're book)? Why?
They are all so different and when I’m writing them they become my favorite. Joy Courtland from Lone Star Joy . She was convicted of killing her stepmother and spent many years in prison. It was complex to make her hard and expressionless on the outside while she warred within her heart. Could she-- should she fall for the handsome Stamous Walker? 
Do you already know what to write next? Can you tell us?
I have started a new series. The working title is Cowboy Seasons. Secret Cravings Publishing gave me a four book contract. I’m writing Spring’s Delight now and it revolves around rescue horses. I began to research them and the stories of neglect and abuse broke my heart. 
Where can we find more information about you and your books?
My website is www.kathleenball.com
MY books can be found here:
http://www.amazon.com/Kathleen-Ball/e/B007QNUTC8/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1
Do you have any last words?
Thank you for hosting me.
It has been a pleasure to learn about you and your work. I hope to have you back with your next work. 
Fun Questions ~
I love weekends because?
I get to spend more time with my husband
I hate?
crowds
I want to buy?
New furniture
My favorite song is?
Maggie Mae by Rod Stewart
My favorite precious stone is?
Diamonds
I want to travel to? Why?
Ireland to meet the wonderful family I have over there. I have met a lot of them online but to meet them in person would be wonderful
My favorite book is?
Little Women






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for hosting me!!

Amber Dane said...

Love your novels, Kathleen!