Angels Of The Fallen, The Watchers

Monday, November 12, 2012

A Collie Rescue by Lindsay Downs


                    \\

A COLLIE RESCUE

A Christmas Surprise
B&N-
Amazon-


Hi Lindsay, thanks for stopping by and sharing. Please  tell us a little bit about yourself- There’s really not much to tell. Both my parents were avid readers and collectors of first edition books. My mother specialized in Thomas Hardy while my father had a collection of Sir Walter Scott that rivaled the British Museum.
When I was in high school I never wrote within the normal guidelines much to my English teachers frustration. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to, it’s just that I felt my way was the right way. I guess that’s why now my books don’t really fit within the norm of the targets genre.







How did you decided to enter the world of writing? I don’t know it is was me deciding to become a writer or writing called to me that had me choose this path. Which every it is I’m glad to be part of the community of authors.
What does your family think of your writing? I have no idea as I don’t have any family that I acknowledge or that they me.
Where do you get your ideas? I wish I had a clue. Sometimes it’s a word I hear or something I see. Whatever it is the ideas just keep coming. I have gotten where I keep a file with the ideas along with a few words to help me out when and if I take on the story.
Can you tell us a little about your book? My most current release is A Collie Rescue from Astraea Press. This book is part of the Emily Dahill, Series and is very near and dear to my heart. First, part of the royalties are being donated to The Pet Fund (thepetfund.com) and secondly the story deals with the hardship a homeless veteran goes through on an almost daily basis.
A Collie Rescue
Former Army Sergeant Sandi Charleston, diagnosed with PTSD and homeless barely survives day to day. By a miracle of fate she meets Taz, a uniquely special collie, who helps turn her life around. 
Only through him does she find the courage to go head to head with her worst enemy-terrorist bent on mass destruction.
Bound by a special love to help and protect each other, side by side these two unlikely partners willingly march forward into battle. A fight to the death neither is sure can be won but fighting as one they will try to. 
Kidnapped and forced to reveal what she knows Sandi realizes there is only one individual who can save her from certain death. It’s not the government but her new best buddy. 
Together they defeat the enemy proving once again that battle buddies come in all shapes and breeds.
Rescued, Sandi finally realizes that there is a new and better life for her as long as Taz is part of it.
And this is the blurb to A Christmas Surprise due out later this month
If I hear one more debutante declare that they will never marry unless it is for love, well. I shall break my quill! And we all know what happens when I break my quill. Things become very upsetting and it isn’t long before I--- Well, that is quite another story. Let this author, this matriarch, this paragon of society guide you with her infinite wisdom. It is apparent that many of you have gotten this silly notion of love in your head, most likely from American influence, and please do not get me started on those savages. The point, young dears, is that love, is silly. Take for example Lady Aleece, poor young dear never stood a chance! Can you imagine being mauled in public? By a commoner no less? Although, rumors have been running rampant that this very delicious commoner is in fact the Marquess of Somerset, I have my doubts. For one thing, a Marquess should be more unfortunate looking which is clearly not the case with Somerset. Let this be a lesson dear readers. If you marry for love, there is a very big chance that you will end up with your heart broken, or in that wretched commoners case—kidnapped (though many believe he should have been killed for even breathing the same air as our fair lady). Dear readers, have I taught you nothing this holiday season?—Mrs. Peabody’s Society Papers.
What is your writing process?
I try to get anywhere between 1,200 to 1,400 words written a day. This is currently spread out between 3 different books but I only work on one a day.
What was the hardest part for you when working on your book? Finishing the story. Many times it doesn’t want to end.
Was there a scene that you didn’t add or you removed in your finished work? There are always scenes that I either added or removed from the released book. This is especially true with the regency I wrote and is in edits right now.
Do you have a favorite character (from you're book)? Why? I think my most favorite is “the brown haired man”. He’s in the Emily Dahill Series as a villain. What makes him so much fun is I don’t know when, where or how he’ll show up in the book. Plus, the only thing I know about him is his hair color. He doesn’t even have a real name but takes on the persona of the character he portrays.
Next to him, it’s a toss-up between Dakota, the hero collie in the Emily Dahill Series, and Lady Aleece Taylor, the outspoken heroine in my Christmas regency.
Do you already know what to write next? Can you tell us? Yes. As I mentioned earlier I’ve got 3, no 4, books in the wings that I’m working on. The first is the sequel to A Christmas Surprise, the first in The House of Somerset series. This one will be called Maid To Be a Lady and answers several questions brought up in the first one, including who exactly Debbi, Lady Aleece’s lady’s maid, is.
Where can we find more information about you and your books? Your readers can either go to Astraea Press, www.astraeapress.com, or my Amazon author page
Do you have any last words? Being a writer isn’t work or a job but a passion that embraces you, as you it. I totally agree with you, it's awesome! Thanks for sharing your work. 

Fun Questions~
I love weekends because? I love Saturday but not Sunday because next comes Monday.
I hate? Sunday
I want to buy? More time in the day to write
My favorite song is? 99% of the country songs out now, in the future and the past
My favorite precious stone is? Topaz
I want to travel to? Why? England and France. I love those countries and the history.
My dream is to? Write the best book I can.
My favorite book is? The book I’m currently reading.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting me here today

P.T. Macias said...

You're welcome :)
Patricia ♥