Angels Of The Fallen, The Watchers

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Unseen Promise by Ellen Mae Franklin


Today we have awesome author Carol Bond. Carol tell us a little bit about yourself-
I was born in Adelaide, South Australia, Australia, and have spent 51 years residing there. I have been lucky enough to have seen some of the world and believe with all my heart that Australia is indeed a great place to live.
I have 3 adult children and a very support man in my life that motivates me to push ever harder as I endeavor to chase the dream. I work part time as a Field Merchandiser for Sony/Universal Pictures. I have over the years come to understand that all human beings are visual creatures and as such, it was crucial that my book cover was so eye catching that it would hopefully stop a reader in their track to look at it further.
I have recently released my first book, titled The Unseen Promise. It is Epic Fantasy and the first book from the Tarkeenia Sagas. I am currently working on the sequel - It’s not that Bite that kills you.
How did you decided to enter the world of writing?
I never had any intentions of writing, but now that I am, it has become clear to me that I will continue sharing the word with love and gusto. I began an idea 8 years ago and from its initial concept, I have been writing on a serious level for the past 3 years.
What does your family think of your writing?
The man in my life is my best friend/partner, who not only encourages me, but supports me in anyway I need. I also, have my children who bless me with reinforcement and a circle of friends whose faith in me is appreciated.
Where do you get your ideas?
Fundamentally, ideas surface when I am at the keyboard or, in the early hours of the morning. I solve storyline problems in the swimming pool. Lap swimming is a great way to clear the head. From there with my mind open, scenarios and more complex issues, are easily dealt with.
Can you tell us a little about your book? 
Set on the world Tarkeenia, the story marks the struggle between God and man, magic and indefinable evil.
Roedanth wants his brother back, it doesn’t matter that the boy is dead; the young copper apprentice can’t seem to stop wishing. Tainted by the magic of the Dark God – Drakite, tragedy and pain follows Roedanth, from Crows Nest to the Halls of Coowic, where the Magi live.
Tarkeenia is awash with life - man and beast live side by side. Monsters hunt the shadows looking for a bite to eat. The tip of balance between dark and light, good and evil is tenuous, even on a good day. Flesh eating Specks turn the living into dust, and the world is no longer safe. Murrdocks, are a child’s story, woven tales told to enchant and incite fear. Their King lays dying, and Prince Pec having no choice, must turn myth into reality.
Strangers become friends, out of necessity more than compatibility for survival takes on the order of the day. Uneasy alliances are tainted by betrayal and self gain, and unlikely heroes emerge to salvage what they can from a world on the brink of chaos.
Everyone strives to make do in a world bubbling with wild magic, working to remain true to their Calling, as the lives of man and monster hang in the balance, subject to the whims of Gods. Can Tarkeenia survive the tug and pull of the very spoilt, and the very wicked? Can those lost to the dark find a way back to the light? Is it possible to forget, or to forgive and begin again? All these questions and more are answered as the reader walks Tarkeenia’s many paths.
What is your writing process? 
I begin with a very basic idea and from that I will build a basic framework/storyline around that idea. Some character may derive from the initial idea, but others are conceived along the way. I do not jot notes down, or use any program to help me. Writing for simply flows, and I write only when it comes to me. I do not agree with writing thousands of words a day. This is not crafting a well-written story. I plan the words I use, the sentences that are needed to create a vivid and entertaining story. 
What was the hardest part for you when working on your book?
I find it difficult to sit still for long periods of time and always find a reason to put down what I am working on to do something else, not matter how trivial. The phrase ‘Putting of today what you will need to do tomorrow,’ fits me. Other than that - I find writing a delight.
What influenced or inspired you to write? 
Just my love of reading I think? As I have mentioned there was never a need to write, although I am naturally a creative person and have tried my hand at many other things. I could blame some sad event in my life, and perhaps it did initially open the door to this creative part of me but on the whole. No, I just write to tell a story. 
Was there a scene that you didn’t add or you removed in your finished work? 
My story is fluid, as I write chapter to chapter as I expand an epic fantasy tale. Though I had to come to terms when my editor, asking me to murder a whole set of characters I was quite fond of, found it rather difficult to do. Nonetheless, we pay editors for a reason and that is to listen to their experience and judgment. I of course, went ahead and murdered them all. So, The Unseen Promise is now short a bunch of  characters. 
Do you have a favorite character (from you're book)? Why?
There are many, but I will choose one in answer to this question. Master Sniff’s Ferret Men have a soft spot in my heart. These characters are a blending of human and animal with characteristics and physical bearings of both. They belong to the Murrdock race of beings that reside on Tarkeenia.
I love their absolute loyalty to Master Sniff (Rat/Human) and his pockets of gold and their mutual affection to each other as siblings. I am proud of their quick efficiency in killing and for the most part, their conversation. To read more about this fabulous band of Cherry Fellows can be found in a recent posting on http://www.unseenpromise.blogspot.com.au
Do you already know what to write next? Can you tell us? 
I am writing the sequel to The Unseen Promise. This will follow on to my first book from the Tarkeenia Sagas. It will be called - It’s not the Bite that kills you.
I am also working on two other projects.
I am working in a partnership with a friend from the UK, as we play tag team, writing chapters back to back. Developing a complex fantasy tale is on our agenda and I am very pleased by what we have accomplished. I cannot yet, speak of this for it is still a work in progress and I do not wish to spoil the marvelous surprise. The new series will be called - ‘Un-named.’
I have also co-founded and am currently writing with an Aussie group of writers, as we submit our short stories for anthologies. We are writing Australian themed stories for the global readers.
 
Where can we find more information about you and your books? 
If you like to know more, perhaps read an excerpt or post. Or the odd chapter, please follow these links.
 Do you have any last words?
There is one last thing I wish to add. Although my name is Carol Bond, I have chosen as an Author to write under the pseudonym - Ellen Mae Franklin. So, any work that you see under that name, belongs proudly to me.
Carol I want to thank you for visiting and sharing your work. Please visit again.
Fun Questions
I love weekends because? 
I get to sit in my pyjamas all day if I want to.
I hate? 
I have a problem with anyone offering me bad manners and individuals who try to push their views over the top of someone else.
I want to buy? 
A ticket for my daughter to fly back home, just so I can give her a hug and kiss after being away from me these past 6 years.
My favorite song is? 
I do not have a favorite song as such. I love all music in every form for like literature it is an art from and I believe we should all, respect and appreciate the arts.
My favorite precious stone is? 
I don’t have a precious stone I favour, but I do love Rose Gold anything.
I want to travel to? Why?  
To experience the textures and flavours this world we live in has to offer me. I love history so very much, that to visit places with cultures spanning hundreds, to thousands of year old, is just an experience that most cherish.
I will be traveling this year, for a total of 2.5 months I will visit many places in Europe. For me it is very important to experience other countries to gain an understanding on the people I share this world with. I can only help me grow as an individual and allow me to gain other insights to new ideas.
My dream is to? 
My dream is to live in Spain.
My favorite book is?
One of my first books would have to be - The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, written by Stephen Donaldson. It is a very complex Epic Fantasy series.
My favourite on this timeline is any book written my Joe Abercrombie. His
approach to fantasy is new and I believe a break through in the genre. Violent, dark and explicit, his stories are not only in your face, but as a writer, he has the natural gift to offer up the personalities of his characters in a very human and often, shocking manner. I do believe, he understands the nature of the beast and tells it as he sees it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

geotorelxzp credit card consolidation
best debt consolidation

Anonymous said...

Celebrities have taken note of [url=http://www.apsi.com.mx/scarpehoganoutlet.html]Hogan outlet[/url]
the quality construction and design of [url=http://www.apsi.com.mx/scarpehoganoutlet.html]Hogan outlet[/url]
Olivia [url=http://www.apsi.com.mx/scarpehoganoutlet.html]Hogan outlet[/url]
+ Joy handbags. Fashionable celebrities such as Kristin Chenoweth, Denise Richards and Katharine McPhee have all been spotted wearing Olivia [url=http://www.apsi.com.mx/scarpehoganoutlet.html]Hogan outlet[/url]
+ Joy handbags. A causa di addition, Kelly Rutherford, who is known for having a [url=http://www.apsi.com.mx/scarpehoganoutlet.html]Hogan[/url]
keen eye for quality and high style when it comes to handbags and moda, has also been spotted wearing her own Olivia [url=http://www.apsi.com.mx/scarpehoganoutlet.html]Hogan outlet[/url]
+ Joy handbag.